Founded in Rome, on 28 January 2015, PRIMA PHILOSOPHIA is a
philosophical institution for international co-operation.
Interdisciplinary co-operation on the field of philosophy with:
- Computer science
- Political science
In the beginning of the third millennium philosophy is threatened foremost by two
positions: culturalism and naturalism.
- Culturalism (e.g. Michel Foucault, Jacques Derrida, Roland Barthes, Jacques
Lacan) starts with the fascinating insights of the humanities and then
denies the existence of a form of rationality which is culture-invariant.
But obviously this dissolution of the form of rationality has two
- On one hand it is contradictory: the assertion of the relativeness
of rationality cannot be relative, but claims an absolute certitude for
- On the other hand it is autophagic: if all reasoning was only a
cultural construction, man himself would disappear as an object of
- However: Culturalism is right: Obviously rationality is put into effect
in various culturally differing forms. How could it thus be possible
to determinate – without a dissolution of the form of rationality
– a form of rationality which is culturally invariant? This
question has to be answered in a phenomenology of rationality: the
subject of philosophy is the rational discussion of rationality. This
requires an amplified historical investigation of forms of rationality
in eschatology, ways of atonement, religious orders, in ethics, military
science, school systems, in social philosophy, banking and concepts of
education. In doing so the project of a phenomenology of rationality
itself has to be located in this spectrum of rationality.
- Naturalism (e.g. Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Daniel
Dennett) starts with the fascinating insights of scientific results and then
denies the existence of a nature-transcendent content of rationality. But
obviously this restriction of the content of rationality has two
- On one hand it is contradictory: the rejection of a non-scientific
rationality cannot be justified scientifically, but is only a metaphysical
- On the other hand it is autophagic: if all reasoning was only
a natural process, man himself would disappear as a subject of
- However: Naturalism is right: Obviously rationality has a prominent
place in sciences. How could it be possible to obtain – without
restriction of the content of rationality – a nature-transcendent
content of rationality? This question has to be answered in an
investigation on logic and ontology: Usually neither logic is described
without ontological presuppositions nor ontology is described in a
sufficient correlation to logic. Logic and ontology should be discussed
under syntactic, semantic and pragmatic points of view instead, on
one hand avoiding ontological assertions – that are usually set whilst
unfolding logic- and on the other hand taking into account logic
correlations that are usually unused whilst developing ontology.
- Philosophy of nature
In autumn 2021 (tbc), the results of the interdisciplinary work group
“categories, geometry and symmetry” will be published.
In spring 2022 (tbc), an automated theorem prover will be described
separatly. The sources will be published as free software. This theorem
prover will be applied to a distinct and extensive corpus of logical
- Logician, mathematicians and computer scientists are invited to
discuss the algorithm.
- Programmers (lex, yacc, C) are invited to investigate the sources.
- Administrators (linux) are invited to support operation of the
- Web designers are invited to improve communication among the
- Volunteers are invited to offer machine time for the proofs.
In autumn 2022 (tbc), a project will be started for indexing of graphs occurring
in the context of the theorem proving project.
- Natural Theology
- Aesthetics of music
Collegium Primae Philosophiae in Urbe
Via Panisperna, 90
00184 Roma RM